Friday, April 18, 2014

Crayola paint stain: Fun project to do with the kids!

I had a wood sign that my mom gave me and I had planned on making my own stain out of steel wool and vinegar to stain the sign. Five days later and my stain was not ready and I didn't want to wait anymore either. I also made a tea stain that did not come out as dark as I would have liked it to. So I decided that I would use my five-year-old's brown crayola paint! I used a little bit of paint and really diluted it.



I was surprised at how awesome the paint color actually came out on the wood.


As the paint dried, it got lighter. I could have put another coat if I wanted it darker but I liked how it looked.


The sign says, Good food Good friends Bon Appetit. I also did this myself. I "burned" the image on there which is a process I will show you next week.

Thanks for checking out my blog and please check back every Friday for a new post.
-And remember, anyone can DIY. You just have to be willing to give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment