Saturday, April 19, 2014

Crayola paint stain part 2: candle holder

As you saw yesterday I used a crayola paint stain on a wood sign. Well right after that I decided that I would also "stain" a treasure box turned candle holder for my mom. I know that she looks a darker stain, so I added more paint to the stain mixture that I previously used on the sign. I also "burned" words on the chest as well.

Before
After

After
The photo does not do the paint color justice. It is gorgeous in person; it has a red tint to it. The candle in the center is my family. My mom actually made it. The link to her store is provided if you would like to purchase one with your family on it, or even as a gift for someone else.
Link: https://www.etsy.com/shop/CandlesByYoly

Thanks for checking out my blog and please check back every Friday for a new post.
-And remember, anyone can DIY. You just have to be willing to give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment