Friday, March 28, 2014

Bedroom dresser

So this is one of my first projects. I had this dresser in my bedroom and thought it was just too plain and didn't match anything. Instead of buying a new one (which wasn't an option) I decided to give it a fresh coat of paint. This was a simple, inexpensive project.
Although I was happy with the end result, it's quite obvious that this was one of my first projects. I did not sand or prime it, which is why some of the paint chipped off and wouldn't stick well (lesson learned.) The stencil could have also went a lot better but it doesn't look too bad. If you are going to tackle something like this, I suggest sanding it down a bit and applying a primer to it before painting. I used spray paint for the color and top coat. I also painted the knobs black.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Grace. You are so talented. Please keep up the good work. I will come back to visit soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I appreciate the motivation!

    ReplyDelete