Friday, March 28, 2014

Man cave takeover


Before

Before



















So this was my biggest project because I did it alone and there was a lot to do. My husband is in the army and was away for training while I took over his man cave. He was living out of tote boxes. So I thought I would surprise him with a makeover! I organized his room and refinished a dresser and night stand for him. The dresser belongs to the mirror from my previous post. I will post the night stand later. Anyway, the top of the dresser had a really thick top coat so I used a 60 grit to remove it. For the rest of the dresser and drawers I think I used an 80 grit. After I sanded it down, I primed it and let it sit over night. The next night I applied a couple coats of black matte spray paint. Again, I let it sit over night. I then applied the top coat. 



I also spray painted the handles. I first primed then spray painted.

I thought that I would take this project to the next level by lining the inside of the drawers. I used the liner that people put in their kitchen cabinets. The one that I used had a sticky backing, so I measured how much I would need, cut it out, then put it down. I have to say that doing this just elevated the entire project.

Before

After

I was so happy with how this project came out. I was even happier because it's something that my husband will benefit from. When he came back home he was so happy to finally have a dresser for his stuff and TV!


4 comments:

  1. WOW….what great ideas. Would love to see more and the videos are a great idea. Looking for some ideas for a headboard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The plan is to post videos of upcoming projects in the next few weeks. Please check back on Fridays :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Blog, AWESOME !!! So Now where is mine for my Man Cave, Love Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to take over your man cave!

    ReplyDelete