Saturday, March 29, 2014

Anyone can DIY

Doing home projects can seem intimidating and scary. This is why a lot of people won't even attempt projects such as refinishing a table or updating a chair. Well I am here to tell you that anyone can DIY, you just have to be willing to try. You won't know if you can't do something if you don't try. I am not a master carpenter and have absolutely no experience with wood working (aside from wood shop in school) or real knowledge of it. But I am going to attempt to build a bookcase for my boys, update a patio table, build a bench, and a buffet! All from pallet boards! Why can't I?!



 One thing that I have learned from doing projects myself, is that the more you practice the better you'll be at it. That's a no brainer. So while my bookcase may not come out to look like a professional did it, I will be able to say that I made it with my own two hands (and I'll save money which is a bonus!) You just have to be willing to give it a try, do your research online, and ask for help. There are plenty of YouTube videos that show you how to do simple projects. DIY doesn't have to be expensive either. You'll probably save more money in the end of you DIY rather than purchasing something brand new. There have been plenty of times when I called my mom or dad and asked for their advice or guidance on how to do a project. There is most likely one person that you know, who can help you along the way with your projects; if not, you've always got me! I'd be more than willing to help in any way I can. And if I don't know the answer, I'll find it out. 



-And remember, anyone can DIY. You just have to be willing to give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment