Friday, March 28, 2014

Shabby chic mirror

Before
After





















This is one of my favorite projects (they're actually all my favorite.) This mirror came with a dresser that I bought from Craig's list for $75. Because I painted the mirror I only had to sand enough off to remove the top coat. If I were staining it I would have had to strip it down to the bare wood. I believe I used an 80 grit with my electric sander to remove the top coat. I then covered the mirror with newspaper and painters tape. I then primed it. Once the primer was dry I sprayed away with white spray paint. After that was completely dried, I used a 120 grit to lightly "distress" the mirror. Don't be scared to distress it. When I reached a point I was happy with, I wiped all of the excess dust off and applied a top coat. And that's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment