Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Decoupaged wicker chair


I found six of these chairs on the side of the road. I wanted to use four for my patio, gave one to my mom, and wanted the last one for my room. I originally had planned on just spray painting the chair for my room white. I did that but decided I wanted to try and decoupage it anyway. 


My mom introduced me to this printed napkin from the Dollar tree which I am obsessed with. 


The first part of this process was removing the second sheet since it was a two-ply napkin.


I used my own decoupage recipe which is just equal parts water and glue. 


After the white spray paint dried, I painted a section of the chair with the decoupage mixture. I then applied a napkin and painted another coat of decoupage over that. I continued the whole process until I was done. And now I have an awesome, one of a kind chair in my room : ) 


Thanks for checking out my blog and please check back every Friday for a new post.
-And remember, anyone can DIY. You just have to be willing to give it a try!


No comments:

Post a Comment