Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Refinished china cabinet


One of my neighbors had this gorgeous china cabinet sitting outside her house with a sign that said FREE. I took that as, "Grace this has your name on it". I convinced my husband that we needed it lol especially since it was free and there was nothing wrong with it. So I went to Lowes, bought a dolly and we both wheeled it over to our house. 

 This was a perfect project for my chalk paint!!! I wanted to cover the windows because I planned on storing things such as blankets, towels, and paper towels in the cabinet but did not want it to be visible. 



Burlap! I'm such a huge fan of burlap. I went to Hobby Lobby and purchased 8 panels of burlap and 2 panels of a printed fabric for the windows.

I opened the doors and attached the fabric with hot glue. (The light inside the china cabinet still works too!)



I used an off-white paint in the chalk paint mixture. 


Now I can cleverly store and conceal some of our linen and paper towels!



Thanks for checking out my blog and please check back every Friday for a new post.
-And remember, anyone can DIY. You just have to be willing to give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment