Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Make your own decoupage

 My mom told me that she had done some decoupage projects so I thought that I would try it out and see what all of the fuss was about. I tried it and would decoupage EVERYTHING if I could!!!!! I am all about saving money whenever I can. I decided that I would make my own because I refuse to pay $7 for Mod podge. 

 I used equal parts water and glue, and that's all folks!!!! Super simple and super cheap. And trust me, a little goes a loooong way. You simply apply the mixture where you want to place the paper or tissue with a paint brush, put the paper on the glue, then paint the the mixture right on top of the image you just put down again. 



I decided that I would decoupage one of the six chairs that  rescued from being thrown away and I have to say I think it came out AMAZING!


I also painted the metal a silver and the chair looks great in my room. Because the chair is wicker, the wicker took the decoupage really great. I actually do sit on the chair and the tissue has not come up. 




Another project that I decoupaged. 


I decoupaged this Batman image on the pallet board book case I built for my boys. 


I also decoupaged my pallet head board. 

Thanks for checking out my blog and please check back every Friday for a new post.
-And remember, anyone can DIY. You just have to be willing to give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment