Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Revamped patio chairs

 I picked up these chairs the same time I rescued the patio table that was on the side of the road to be trashed. There were six chairs. They were not broken and were in pretty good condition. The only issue was that the elements had gotten to the paint on the wicker. No big deal! It just needed a fresh coat of paint. I painted four, gave one to my mom, and used the last one for a different project.
 I cleaned the chairs with soap and water and clipped off the pieces of wicker that were broken or hanging off. I taped all of the metal because I only wanted to paint the wicker. After that I primed them with a black primer. When that was dry I had to apply four coats of spray paint. I went through two cans of spray paint. I then added a spray poly and was done!
 If you like the patio table check out my post on how I made this pallet board table top. 
 I also made this pallet board buffet table. I will be posting how I made this very soon!
Thanks for checking out my blog and please check back every Friday for a new post.
-And remember, anyone can DIY. You just have to be willing to give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment