Sunday, May 4, 2014

Twig flower vase

I've really enjoyed using tin cans for projects so I thought that I would do another one. This was came out gorgeous. It's a flower vase made out of twigs and a tin case. Another free project! We all more than likely have tin cans at home and twigs outside.

All the supplies you'll need


I gathered up a bunch of twigs; I tried to grab the straightest ones as possible. Then I measured how tall the can one. I marked the twigs with a black permanent marker and cut them with my pliers. I cut the twigs a little longer than the can. I applied a line with the hot glue gun and continued all the way around.





One layer of twigs was not enough. There was still too much tin exposed.




 I actually went back and applied several layers of twigs. I had to go back outside and look for really thin twigs to fill in some spots. After about an hour, I was done! I tied ribbon from another project, made a bow, and threw some flowers in it. I think it looks amazing and I'm so happy with how it came out.





Yay! Finally done :)
Thanks for checking out my blog and please check back every Friday for a new post.
-And remember, anyone can DIY. You just have to be willing to give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment