Friday, May 2, 2014

Upcycled glass jar utensil holder

I like to be able to reuse things around the house in as many of my projects as possible. So I decided that I would use my glass jars as utensil holders and straw holders for when we have BBQs outside on the patio. It's a nice way to showcase your crafting skills and utensils at the same time. Your guests will be impressed with this project because it looks like you put some effort into entertaining. First I removed all of the packaging paper on the glass and cleaned them out. The jar that previously had kimchi in it, I let run through the dishwasher and it was good as new. I purchased a ribbon and bow set from the dollar tree.


Only $1.00!!!!!

FREE!!!!!!



 For the first couple of jars I used tape but the last ones I used my glue gun. I simply wrapped the ribbon around the jar and put a piece of tape to hold it in place. I then put the bow on top of it. There were two places where you could still see some white paper from the ribbon so I cut out four pieces of ribbon and glued them in place.





 For some of the jars I made simple bows instead. Altogether this was an inexpensive project and it looks great. You could even use these as tea light holders.














Thanks for checking out my blog and please check back every Friday for a new post.
-And remember, anyone can DIY. You just have to be willing to give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment